Skip to main content

Sweet Home Alabama

The proverbial "They". They say home is where the heart is. This page here, is all about the heart. And where it resides. As I write, this fifty-two year old heart of mine is full - close to busting wide open. And it's never going to be the same. In the past eight months, I've found myself landing in an unknown, strange land. Alone. Trusting and only questioning for the briefest of moments, only to return comfortably to trusting. Too many of life's 'so-called' events have occurred - mostly unchartered territory. Sickness in the family, strife, insecurity, scarcity for some. Waywardness for others. And in the midst of all of it a steadfast faith. Countless hours of prayer logged. Too many tears to count. Then ~ Sweet Home Alabama. So, here I sit - on the other side of so much. So much accord, healing, and provision. The lost one has returned, rescued and renewed. Miracle after miracle. Answered prayer after answered prayer. And here I sit - in a resounding hallelujah. Recently, I chased the past, really hard, and shamefully so - for it's familiar embrace only to find myself back where I started. Nestled in my Saviours embrace. Nothing fits better. Such is life, that in one same day I experienced what seemed like insurmountable turmoil and uncertainty, only to land in the sweetest of places. A Home. A Sweet Home. In Alabama. With, what I can only express had to be the closest thing to heaven I've experienced in the longest time. Thank You Lord Jesus for your gift of friendship, family and love. Surrounded by the most beautiful country setting in the heart of a small town in South East Alabama, I sat at a dinner table this beautiful evening amongst numerous smiling, content faces and my heart and my mind were the stillest they've been since I can't remember when. The chatter and giggles. I literally had to hold back my tears. I ate every morsel of that southern meal, that only the most loving of hands created, slower than any meal I've ever eaten. I delighted in every bite. Like it was my first and last meal all at once. I just knew that if I made it last longer than naturally possible, I'd have that much more time to revel in this bliss. What can I say. I just kept thinking, 'I've got to get my kids an invite to this holy place.' Because I knew it always existed. My heart - always knew. 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE

Comments