Skip to main content

Alabaster Haze Amongst A Midnight's Cry


The dawn of a new morning is shining bright. The alabaster haze breaks through the night.
The pulsing beat of a heart surrendered. Revealing the mask of a great pretender.
The drift of sleep and a midnight's cry. The difference between a truth and a lie.
Confusion and wonder lead the way. As the dreamer yearns for one more day.
The scope of reality is nothing more. Than the embers of illusion nearing the shore.
Adrift and alone in the mighty depths. Reaching the light searching for strength.
And all the while the light shines through. The darkness recedes, releasing you.
And once again, an alabaster haze will come a'beckoning. Whilst your midnight's cry is left reckoning. 
{© Valentina Silver}

~

The dream world. It fascinates me. It thrills me. It can, on occasion, frighten me. I have always had movie-like dreams, in that they play-out like a prime-time mini-series. At times, I have full command of their direction and ending. Other times, I am a mere observer, with no say whatsoever, the outcome. Those are the dreams that hold me hostage, the ones that have me running to God for answers.

Truth-be-told, I usually run to a family member, first. Eastern Europeans have a tremendous infatuation with dreams, as do the children of God. Biblically speaking, God address dreams in many books of scripture, old and new; Genesis, Numbers, Job, Daniel, Joel, Matthew, Acts and Revelation.
If you are one who has in depth dreams and the fortitude to recall their details, take heed. God is speaking to you. I have found that in seeking their meaning, I have not been able to change the coming of a circumstance, nor its direction in reality. Instead, I have learned that it is a gift, a blessing from above to prepare me for a time of turbulence. The ones [dreams] that come to prepare me can and have been terrifying and earth shaking. I dread those.
I remember the first time I realized and became privy to the knowledge of a foretelling was just a day after a particular dream. My brother was in a bad situation, I dreamt of it while it was happening and learned about it later. The second time that I can recall, I had all but forgotten about the dream until the day it came to pass. I recall sitting there in utter shock and awesome wonder. That this very thing had been revealed to me, but still for what purpose I did not know. It's quite possible that it was sent as a precursor for the sake of  comfort in knowing that this result was on its path, and nothing I did could have changed it. That it was meant to happen. Believe me, there is some comfort in that.
 But, if I take them for what they are...a foretelling, I am grateful. It's just proof to me of Who is in control of everything. God is not surprised by anything, that is to come. This tells me that He knows my beginning, my future and my ending. If I trust Who He says He is, then my trust is in Him.
Of course the dreams or visions, may have a hidden meaning, but the underlying message is clearly understood. Sometimes they unravel mysteriously and others, they're completely spelled out. This is not to say that some of my dreams don't reflect my hopes or fantasies. They do. And sometimes I seek their meaning as well. Sometimes I cling to those particular dreams for days, praying that God would bless them and make them my reality. But I am wise enough to know that what I want for my life, may not be what He has already directed my life to be. So then, I pray for Him to takes those away and grant me peace while I wait for Him and His dreams for my life to take shape.

So, I eagerly await each night's promise of another page revealed; of another chapter in the story that lay before me. Some nights, I am the author, but most nights my Lord is. After doing all I need to do as mom, I longingly climb into bed. Between my crisp cool sheets and downy cover, soft glow of my bedside lamp, a few good books to peruse...unwittingly, I stall and hesitate, prolonging the inevitable.  As, I sink down and begin my nightly conversation with my creator, thanking him for all things...I drift off. He meets me there. Among the familiar faces of my life. Background music and all.

Comments