Skip to main content

Lip Gloss And Pearls

dressing table mirror and brush, curlers and pins and a whispered hush
momma  and me in a fancy gown, we're getting dolled up to go on the town

sashes tied and cheeks pinched pink, we look in the mirror to see what we think
a dusting here and a little smudge there, momma smiles pulls back my hair

the finishing touch and napkin kissed, I am sad for somethings been missed
momma's worried she's good at caring, what could be wrong my little darling

I want to be pretty just like you, isn't there something more we can do
angel my love my precious bug, come sit on my lap and give me a hug

momma brushes her lips on mine, I look in the mirror and see the shine
lip gloss and mascara we're almost done, a few more touches maybe just one 

rose water and a strand of pearls, daddy claps when he sees his girls
a snap shot is taken and smiles are shared, all because a mother cared



{Valentina Silver©️}

Comments