Skip to main content

A Little Thing Called Time

Time. A blessing and a curse. A friend and a foe. Time and its passing. As a kid, there were moments when time literally stood still. There were moments that barely made an impression, only to reappear as a foggy image...many, many years later. Time. It could not move quickly enough for me. Only now, I cannot get it slow down. Where does it go, where has it gone? I want some of it back. Mom's will say there is never enough of it, kids will always want more. From  nine to five and then from five to eleven, it all comes down to how much time is left.

I want some of it back.

I want to rewrite some of it. I cannot wait to write the rest of it. God says that one minute is like a thousand, and a thousand like one. Can you even imagine it? A time, when time won't matter. It will just be endless and always new, at the same time. 

The kids keep holding on for the perfect time to come. They reflect often on how perfect life was. They wait expectantly for it to be so again. I try to show them that life is as good as we perceive it. That this life, in some ways is better than the old one. Time has been a gift, in that it has allowed for so much healing. So much growing. Time has also stolen from us, its true. Still, I am in awe of it. In the blink of an eye a life is lived. 

Moments of time, overlooked. 

I have albums, full of pictures. We absolutely love going through them. The kids laugh, I cry.

Time...captured. 

What would I do if I could have some of it back? Good question. What would I do with TIME if I could have it again? 

I'd say sorry quicker. I'd laugh louder. I'd run faster. I'd dance more. I'd worry less. I'd dream bigger. I'd play harder. I'd seek wisdom. I'd hug more...love better...be stronger...

I'd have the Time of my life.

It will always be a game of cat and mouse. Time chasing us, then us chasing it. I will say this...right now...in this very moment. Time is on my side. I've got plenty of it and I know just what to do with it. I am taking each and every moment as it comes. Today, Time is my friend.




                                         

Comments