Skip to main content

Thanks Merci Gracias Hvala Dank Tapadh Leat Toda Gracie Sasefharisto Nandi Dankscheen Kuunda Goraibh


Well, its Thanksgiving week. Hence the title. I know I'm usually positive and inspiring, uplifting and motivating....today, right at this very moment, though I am not seeing a lot to be so energetic and upbeat about. Ever have those days? But, since its time for another entry and I'll call it 'Protocol', I have to believe that by the time my fingers are done swiping and tapping at these keys, I will have managed to not only lift your spirits and make you smile, I will have walked away blessed as well.

Many of you have been deliciously covering your FaceBook  pages and statuses with fantastic, moving notes of "Thanks". I have enjoyed reading them. I have laughed, nodded in agreement, teared up. I have even sighed with envy!


I find myself so grateful for every small thing in my life that I feel as though they are not worthy or enough to grace the "Thanksgiving Page of Thanks" that is deserved.


I'll just go ahead and mention my 'small things of thanks' and let you judge for yourselves. I'll go out on a limb here and assume that my seasoned (in age) readers will find my list perfectly acceptable and not unlike their own lists. The babes who read my writing will feel this way in the years to come. I am certain of this.

Today, I am thankful for...

each and every breath I have taken ~ for the health of my family ~ for the roof over our heads and food on the table ~ for our friends and church family ~ for the amazingly fluffy, white, low lying, clouds of Florida ~ for the rolling hills I get to drive past everyday ~ for that child support check that is sustaining my precious family ~ for those that have followed their heart's tug toward loving us ~ for the freedoms of our great country ~ for the very heart and breath of each and every service man and woman and their families that  protect us ~ for the singing that goes on in my house every minute of the day ~ for the crazy running around that we do just to get out the door ~ for always making it to our destination even when the gas tank insists it is empty ~ for the encouraging prayers of faithful ones ~ for the Zach Brown Band ~ for my Holy Bible which is my compass and comfort ~ for red wine and dark chocolate ~ for friendships that have stood the test of time and miles ~ for dreams of the future and promises kept ~ for my kids eagerness to earn their education & please others~ for relationships rekindled and forgiveness earned ~ for babies giggles and dimples ~ for puppy dogs ~ for romantic movies and girls who never grow weary of watching them with me ~ for wisdom ~ for the ability to apologize ~ for sunflowers and fresh cut grass ~ for glowing school conferences ~ for plaids and polka dots ~ for Bria's perseverance and Bianca's heart ~ for Blake's charm and Becca's wit ~ for friends that have taken a family role ~ for breathable contacts and my flat iron ~ for the seashore and its beaches ~ for the sun and the moon, the stars and the heavens ~ for laughter and tears and yes even rejection ~ for the opportunity to win over enemies ~ for abled hands and feet ~ for lemon and honey ~ for weddings and births ~ for a hope in eternity ~ for doctors and caregivers ~ for carpools and cupcakes ~ for a resume completed ~


Well, it seems as though I could go on and on and on. And I could...silly me. Life has a way of expanding ones grasp of gratitude. My universe seems enormously huge. It was not that long ago that is was so pathetically small.


This year, I am grateful for the struggles that have led to this humbling existence! This hardship has spared my kids hard life lessons that would have otherwise been learned at a much later time in their lives. Instead, we have been graciously allowed to go through them together. It hasn't always been a pretty sight, but neither is a jewel that hasn't been put through the fire! I have called these passed few years our "refining" time. I would not change, for one moment, the end result. A life of contentedness and a striving for all things good. Less is more and bigger is not better.


We will be sharing hearth and home with new friends this Thanksgiving. God has expanded our little circle and blessed us to overflowing! May all of your hearts be warmed and blessed this year as you gather with loved ones, friends - new and old, no matter how small or big the event. May you all take a moment, look around and breathe in the richness that is your life. And say thanks.

Hint: Pause PlayList below to enjoy video

Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High.~Psalm 50:14~

Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God's holy people) in the Light ~Colossians 1: 12~

O give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known His doings among the peoples! ~1 Chronicles 16: 8~

Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]. ~1 Thessalonians 5: 18~

And in that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name and by means of His name [in solemn entreaty]; declare and make known His deeds among the peoples of the earth, proclaim that His name is exalted! ~ Isaiah 12: 4~

Bless, give thanks, and gratefully praise God in full congregations, even the Lord, O you who are from [Jacob] the fountain of Israel. ~ Psalm 68: 26~

Bless, give thanks, and gratefully praise God in full congregations, even the Lord, O you who are from [Jacob] the fountain of Israel.~ Psalm 68: 26~

Thus you will be enriched in all things and in every way, so that you can be generous, and [your generosity as it is] administered by us will bring forth thanksgiving to God.
~2 Corinthians 9: 11~

At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father. ~Ephesians 5: 20~

For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with thanksgiving. ~1 Timothy 4:4~

Then we Your people, the sheep of Your pasture, will give You thanks forever; we will show forth and publish Your praise from generation to generation.~Psalm 79: 13~

Exclaiming, To You we give thanks, Lord God Omnipotent, [the One] Who is and [ever] was, for assuming the high sovereignty and the great power that are Yours and for beginning to reign.~ Revelation 11: 17~

Now thanks be to God for His Gift, [precious] beyond telling [His indescribable, inexpressible, free Gift]! ~2 Corinthians 9: 15~

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to His rightness and justice, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. ~Psalm 7: 17~


I give thanks to Him Who has granted me [the needed] strength and made me able [for this], Christ Jesus our Lord, because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworthy, appointing me to [this stewardship of] the ministry.~ 1 Timothy 1: 12~

Comments