Skip to main content

Imagine If You Will


Imagine if you will, a world in which every thought were audible. A world where not one single thought went unheard. Would you choose your hearts expressions more carefully, would you spew the ugly truth, share the horrid lies?

I ask this because there have been so many moments when I have had words; beautiful, gentle, loving words. Words that would lift up, bless and encourage one. Yet, I kept them. For what reason I wonder? For fear that they would be dismissed, difficult to accept?

I ask this because there have been so many moments when I have had words; ugly, harsh, unkind words. Words that would tear down, curse and discourage one. Yet, I let them escape. For what reason I wonder? For fear that they would swallow me up, had I kept them?

In my life I have lost friendships with my words. The ones spoken and the ones not.

In my life I have birthed friendships with my words.The ones spoken and the ones not.

Imagine if you will, a world in which every thought were audible. A world where not one single thought went unheard. Would you choose your hearts expressions more carefully, would you spew the ugly truth, share the horrid lies?

I choose to believe, that if the very breath of our souls could whisper aloud, they surely would do so in loving kindness.

I choose to believe, that if all of our thoughts were heard aloud, for the quick, sharp jagged swords that they are, we would hear them. We would hear them. And we would choose better.

For those of us who love words, we are so powerful. Powerful to build up. Mighty to tear down.

For those of us who love silence, we are so powerful. Powerful to build up. Mighty to tear down.

No matter how you look at it, the tongue is a weapon. Weapons are used in wars. Weapons kill.  Weapons also protect.

Choose your words carefully. Meaningfully.

Imagine, if you will; that in this world, all of your thoughts are audible,with life and breath.
Use your words for good, dear ones. Use them for good.


{© A Whisper Beneath The Moon}

~ Proverbs 21:23 ~
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue, keeps himself out of trouble

~ Proverbs 18:21~
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

 ~ Proverbs 12:18 ~
There is one whose rash words are like a sword thrust, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

~ James 3:8 ~
But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.



This song represents the silences we hurt others with, be it a lover, a friend, a parent, a
child.


I love this song from Chicken Little..It respresents the love and the hurt that come so easily between the father and son.


And I'm just going to say it...try and remember;
He has the final say. He has the final word.


Comments