Skip to main content

Putting A Bandage On Life

I find myself comforting others about my life a-lot, as of late. In sharing some of the everyday difficulties of single parenthood, I am privy to the anguish and hurt, which these confidants are experiencing on my behalf.

Sighs are breathed, fists are pounded, teeth are gritted, in sheer exasperation.
It brings me to tears just thinking of it. So much more than an actual remedy, these shared expressions of concern are truly, very comforting...at the same time I find it incredibly necessary to extend comfort in return.
"We'll be fine, everything will be okay, God is good." My repeated mantra goes.
And I believe every word. We WILL be fine, everything WILL be okay. GOD IS SO GOOD.

This brings me to the place of recognizing that every circumstance does not necessarily require a solution. The human,God given, display of empathy, in itself provides ample sustenance.

We all feel and wish that we could fix all of our loved ones angst's and fears. We experience a sense of failure and despondence when all we can offer is a sigh, a tear ...a mere hug.

Rest assured that these sighs, tears and hugs are more than adequate. Prayers and well- wishes are capable of immeasurably good results.


Bandages are a covering, placed over a wound, for a period of time. This time allows, enables and encourages healing, growth and recovery. It eases the pain, protects from further scrapes and germs, creates comfort.
In the heartfelt prayers, hugs, tears and deeply drawn breaths, you are in essence, placing a bandage on a life. Thus allowing, healing, growth and recovery.

As time passes, the bandage either falls off on its own or needs to be torn off. The result is always forth coming. The wound never looks as bad as it did at the time of bandaging.

Sometimes we get hurt, require a time-out to get better. Sometimes these wounds teach us to be more careful, a little bit more aware, a wee bit more cautious. But, just knowing that in time, we generate a newer, tougher skin pushes us forward.

 So.., play hard, take the risks, climb the mountains, swim the waters, run the race. There will always be someone standing closely by, ready to bandage you up for a bit, pat you on the back, see you through.



~ Philippians 1:6 ~

(Be) confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you, will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Comments

Michelle marvel said…
You inspire me with your faith! I know you will be fine, I only wish you were closer so I could witness firsthand your blessingn
Simply Me said…
Michelle, Thank you friend. We miss you guys! Thank God for the internet...staying in touch is right at our fingertips! Stay well. Much Love, Val