Skip to main content

The Bells Are Ringing!

This title comes to you, courtesy of my mother. We were discussing the blog and the things that I have written about. I shared with her that I have no idea what I'm going to express until my fingers hit the key board.

Literally, word after word, I do not know what it is that will end up on the screen until I press 'publish'. We tossed around the idea of how it would be fun if topics were brought to my attention and requests were made for me to broach ideas of interest to my readers.

Well, she blurts out to me "The bells are ringing!" I said, "Huh?" and there you have it. That is the topic that she threw into my lap and onto your screen!

        ~ Surely, it would have been easy enough to write about, just Google some facts about bells and steeples, mention some historical insights, a few quaint photos and there you have it. A blog about ringing bells.

       ~ I actually tossed around the idea of  a short story even. That too would have been simple considering that the kids and I have been watching Little House on the Prairie for the past two weeks. Suffice it to say, I am full of stories.

We've been unpacking and have been fortunate enough to come across our big box of DVDs. Lucky for us we have eight whole seasons of Little House...that's six discs in each Season Box Set with four, forty-five minute episodes. EACH!

    Folks, that is alot of prairie time, even for a huge fan like myself!



Now keep in mind that life is not always what we expect it to be.

It throws you curve balls and all sorts of strange folly! But you deal with it. You may read a title or see a picture and be led to anticipate something entirely different than you actually get. Sometimes, you can't help but laugh with it and ponder that life just does not always have to be so serious.
                             

Oh, and the thing about a challenge is, I can hardly resist one. So, Mom, here it is. A little blog and a ditty just for you...all about the sound of bells! And guess what? They are ringing!

                                                                   I Love you!
                                      

                                    Hint: Pause Playlist below, to enjoy video:
                                   
                                  
                                  From Hairspray...I Can Hear The Bells !

Comments