Skip to main content

Oh, But A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet



Juliet: O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
and I'll no longer be a Capulet.Romeo:[Aside] Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?Juliet:'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself.
Romeo:I take thee at thy word: Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized; Henceforth I never will be Romeo.

There are more that one hundred and fifty different varieties of roses, each with their own uniquename...I've narrowed it down a tad ~ These are my favorite and I think they are marvelous!

   ~ Abraham Darby, Absolutely Fabulous, Alibaba, Amber Queen, American Pillar, American  Beauty ,Angel Face~Birthday Girl, Blessings, Breath of Life, Bridge of Sighs, Buxom Beauty ~ Can Can, Cloud ~Nine, Creme de la Creme, Crown Princess ~Dainty Bess, Drama Queen, Dream Lover, Dusky Maiden ~Easy Going, English Miss ~ Felicia, Fellowship, Flower Power, Freedom ~ Genesis, Gift of ~Life, Gipsy Boy, Goddess of Love ~High Hopes ~ Indian Summer, Ingrid Bergman, Irish Eyes ~Jocelyn, Joie De Vivre, Just Joey ~Keep Smiling ~ Lady Penelope, Lavender Lassie, Love Knows, Lovely Lady~ Many Happy Returns, Missing You, Mermaid ~ Nevada, Newdawn, Noble Antony, Nostalgia ~ Open Arms, Oranges & Lemons ~Peter Pan, Pretty Polly, Rachael ~ Rambling Rosie, Red Rascal, Remember Me, Rosa Virginiana, Royal William ~ Sexy Rexy, Shine On, Simply Heaven, Soldier Boy, Super Trouper, Sweet Dream ~ Teasing Georgia, Tequila Sunrise, The Fairy, The Pilgrim, The Queen Elizabeth, Twice in a Blue Moon ~ Valentine Heart, Vidal Sassoon ~ Wanderer, Wedding Day, Whisky Mac, White Diamond, William Shakespeare, Winchester Cathedral!

Which one are you? I think today I'll be, Dusky Maiden...
My friend Katie picked a rose for my daughter tonight...it was lavender and it was simply the sweetest rose I have ever smelled, it must have been a Drama Queen...or it could have been the Absolutely Fabulous...ooh, maybe even the Sexy Rexy!

Claim a name for yourselves girls and share it here! 

Take time to smell the roses... {I couldn't resist}

Colors and their meanings
Red ~ Love, Respect, Courage
Yellow ~ Joy, Gladness, Freedom, Friendship
Pink ~ Gratitude, Appreciation
Apricot/Orange ~ Enthusiasm, Desire, Passion
Mauve ~ Beauty, Enchantment, Love at First Sight, Admiration
White ~ Reverence, Innocence, Purity, Secrecy

Other Tid Bits
Two Roses Joined Together ~ Engagement
Red & White Roses Together ~ Unity

 


                 

Comments