Skip to main content

Friends...Gods Face On Earth


~The Lord Certainly Knew What He Was Doing When He Created Friendship ~
 
I have been so very blessed with the truest, most sincere friends.
To me, they are the very face of God.
His embrace ~ His smile
Reflected.

I don't know what I did to deserve them.
I pray that I can be such a dear
to those I love.
I long to see this repeated in my children's lives
as they grow.

Friendship.
It shapes us. It molds us.
Even the ones that don't last or may have even
caused pain.
We grow, we learn, we do better.


Looking back on my entire life, I can say that I have always, always had wonderful friends. Most have lasted a lifetime, with some separation in between. Quite a few are newer friendships, which have been clearly ordained by God. I think of how, if only I had made this decision or that one, if I had only chosen that house instead of this one or attended a different church or shopped at a different market...how different our lives would be.

I love this about living a faithful life. The Lord's fingerprints are all over the canvas of our lives. I don't know if it has to do with what my family has been through in the past few years, or maybe the whole age thing...possibly a combination of both, but it makes me so very keenly aware of the fact that there is an orchestrating of sorts that is going on all around us.

And I love it! I hope you are aware of it as well. Life can get so very busy. I pray that you take the time to cherish this gift. I love you,my friends, each and every one...so dearly.


famous friendship quotes

Elbert Hubbard June 19,1856 - May 7,1915:
The American writer, publisher, artist and philosopher once said;

* A friend is one who knows you and loves just the same.

*Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.

Joseph Roux April 19, 1834 - February 1905:
The French Catholic Parish Priest, poet, philologist once said;

*We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here, every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence.

Albert Camus November 7, 1913 - January 4, 1960
The French author, journalist and key philosopher once said;

*Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.


C. S. Lewis November 29, 1898 - November 22, 1963
Born in Belfast, Ireland, the British novelist, academic, literary critic, lay theologian and Christian Apologist once said;

*Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.


~ Ruth 1:16 ~
Ruth says to Naomi...
16."Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay.Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."

Comments